Tired of all the bad news

While we can't deny the difficulites for so many people at home and overseas, it's important to take account of the positives, and to spread the Good News. I don't know who said this but; "No-one ever injured their eyesight by looking on the bright side." Blessings..

Tuesday 11 September 2012

September 11th

Thoughts and prayers today, the 11th anniversary of the September 11th attacks. Remembering all who died, and all who are left to mourn. Praying too for all victims of sensless violence and those who daily suffer especially those who suffer in silence. I am reminded of the words of Jesus Christ from John's Gospel; 'This is my commandment, love one another, as I have loved you. No one can have greater love than they lay down their lives for their friends.  (John 15: 12-13)

Fr. Mychal Judge, an American of Irish ancestry was a Franciscan priest who lived the rule of St. Francis of Assisi and daily tried to see an image of God in all created things. It was in this spirit that he put others first in life instead of himself and faced danger as Chaplain to the FDNY. He died on September 11th 2001 ministering to those killed and injured at the World Trade Centre towers. Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

'Lord, take me where
you want me to go;
Let me meet who
you want me to meet;
Tell me what
you want me to say, and
Keep me out of your way.


Mychal Judge, O.F.M.

(Chaplain, New York Fire Department Copyright ©2001 Holy Name Province)


 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment